Thursday, 31 July 2014
Wednesday, 30 July 2014
Many storage units have come up in New York and other US cities in recent years. But do all of them provide the best storage facilities? For anyone planning to store his/her belongings in a storage unit, choosing the right unit is of paramount importance. Selecting the right storage unit will go a long way when it comes to ensuring the safety of your household or office items.
Here are some of the factors your should look into while choosing a storage unit-
• The security is of prime concern. It is important to ensure that the storage facility uses the best surveillance cameras, fire alarm and other security equipment. This is important to prevent theft.
• Cleanliness is another important factor. Besides general cleanliness, the storage units should take pest control measures. Considering the fact that pests can cause severe damage to household items, it is essential that the storage facility remains pest-free.
• Also, make sure that the location of the storage unit suits you. It should not be located too far from your home. Most companies offering storage in NY offer round-the-clock access to your stuff.
Keeping the above factors in mind will help you choose the right storage unit.
You car is one of your most treasured possessions. Keeping it safe and undamaged is one of the biggest concerns of many people. If you’re planning to go on a business or personal trip, it’s important to store your car safely.
Parking the car in the open makes it vulnerable to damage. Even the garages are not difficult to break into. The instances of intruders breaking into the garage and damaging or stealing the car are not unheard of. In such a situation, car storage facilities provide the best solution. Some of the advantages of storing your car at a storage unit include-
Car storage in New York use state-of-the-art technology. CCTV surveillance cameras and other advanced equipment are used in most storage facilities.
They also have fenced area to keep intruders at bay.
Insured vehicle storage
Many of the reputed car storage service providers offer fully insured vehicle storage. Thus, you need n’t lose sleep over what would happen in the event of any theft or damage.
Storage units offer round-the-clock access to your car. Thus, you don’t have to wait for a particular time of the day to get your car.
All the above factors make car storage units an ideal place to store your car safely.
Planning to go on a business trip for a few months but worried about the safety of your car? Car storage in NYC offers you the perfect solution. You can rent a storage unit and store your car safely for as many days as you want. However, when you are planning to store your car for a longer period, it is essential to prepare it for storage. Here are some of the tips that may prove to be helpful-
• The presence of moisture can cause damage to your car. Whether we talk of carpet or seats, it is important to ensure that everything is dry and no moisture is present in the car.
• Before you take your car to a storage unit for long term storage, it is advisable to get it serviced. This will ensure that your car remains in good shape when you drive it out of storage.
• If you’re planning to store your vehicle for more than six months, it is advisable to disconnect the battery and keep it at a dry place.
• You can also consider modifying your car insurance. As long as your car is stored at a storage unit, you only need protection from fire and theft. The rest can be left out.
So, if you’re planning to keep your car at a storage unit for many months, it’s important to keep the above factors in mind.
Thursday, 24 July 2014
05:41 affordable storage nyc, cheap storage units nyc, self storage room nyc, storage facilities ny, storage new york No comments
Having a difficult time trying to fit all your belongings in your home? Storage facilities offer you the perfect solution. You can easily rent a space at a storage facility and use it to store all types of household as well as office items. In recent years, many storage facilities have come up that provide the best storage services to people.
Making their home spacious and clutter-free is the main reason why people avail the services of storage service providers. Whether we talk of furniture or electronic items, storage units can be used to store all types of household stuff.
Apart from this, the storage facilities may prove to be very useful while moving house. Many people need to store their belongings at a safe place temporarily during a house move. Storage units are an ideal place to store your belongings. Similarly, these facilities prove to be very useful while traveling. Apart from storing your household items, you can use storage units to store your car safely.
There are many leading companies that offer affordable storage in NYC. So, if you wish to make your home look more spacious, you can easily rent a storage unit and use it to store your belongings.
Wednesday, 23 July 2014
02:57 cheap storage units nyc, self storage room nyc, storage facilities ny, storage new york No comments
Using a self-storage unit can help you free up some extra space in your home. More and more people in NYC are using storage facilities to keep all types of household and business items. However, before you make the final decision and move your belongings to storage units, there are certain things that you should consider.
• It is important to make sure that the storage facility is safe and secure. It is best to choose a storage facility that has modern security features such as advanced surveillance systems and cameras in place. This is important to prevent burglary or theft.
• Pest control is another important factor that separates a good storage facility with the bad ones. Pests can cause serious damage to your belongings. It’s important to ensure that the storage facility you choose takes pest control seriously.
• Proximity of the storage facility to your home and public transportation is another important factor that you should keep in mind while selecting a storage unit.
You can easily find a self storage room in NYC that offers the best storage facilities. Loaded with state-of-the-art features, these facilities provide excellent storage facilities at an affordable price.
02:49 affordable storage nyc, Car storage New York, cheap storage units nyc, self storage places nyc, storage facilities ny, storage new york 2 comments
Renting a self-storage unit is one of the easiest ways to get rid of excess household items without throwing them away. Storage units can be used to store all types of items. If there is anything that is occupying too much space in your home and you don’t use it too often, you can move it to storage units. However, there are some things that don’t belong there! Let’s take a look at some items that shouldn’t be kept in storage units-
Keeping perishable products like milk, vegetables or meat in storage units is not an option. These items spoil quickly and are therefore, not allowed in storage units. The food products also attract rodents and insects and may result in infestation throughout the entire facility.
Any hazardous substance should not be stored in a storage facility. Motor oil, kerosene, gasoline, alcohol, cleaning solvents and fireworks are some of the products that are not allowed in storage units. These products can cause fire and may jeopardize the safety of your belongings. Other flammable items like bottled gas, corrosives etc. should also be kept away from storage units.
Keeping unregistered or stolen vehicles in storage units is not allowed. You’re required to submit proof of ownership to keep a car in storage unit. Also, you cannot store any other person’s car in your storage unit. You can use storage units to store only the cars that you legally own.
Even though most people understand that keeping pets in storage units is not an option, it must be emphasized that it amounts to cruelty. Also, it’s illegal to keep any living thing in storage unit.
This is also quite obvious. Using storage units to store banned drugs or harmful substances is a crime. Storage units strictly prohibit the storage of cocaine, heroine and other banned substances.
Weapons and explosives
Life threatening explosives and weapons cannot be stored in storage units. Keeping any type of ammunition in a storage unit is a crime. In fact, most storage units don’t even allow fireworks inside the units as they can catch fire easily.
Some carelessness on your part may jeopardize the safety of your household items in storage units. Most storage facilities in NY have strict guidelines when it comes to storing products. And if you’re planning to use storage units to keep excess household items, it’s important that you follow these guidelines. This will ensure complete safety of your belongings.